A recent study by the Pew Hispanic Center shows a majority of Latinos aren't able to name a Hispanic leader on a national level.
The poll was conducted from May 24 to July 28, 2013.
Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor and Florida Senator Marco Rubio were among the few named with only 5% of people polled recognizing them as potential leaders.
However the majority 62%, were unable to name any leader.
The study also shows close to 75% of those polled believe it's important for the community to have such representation, especially in Washington.
"I think a lot about how minorities throughout history have had it rough and I'm not sure that the Latino population has made the strides of some others" said New Jersey resident Rosie Lopez Karlin.
- Consulado móvil mexicano en Scranton
- ArtsQuest ofrecerá 300 empleos a tiempo parcial para este verano
- Conferencia ofrece guia para iniciar su negocio
- Venezuela necesita su ayuda
- Entrevista a Perla López Baray en programa 'Entre Ellas'
- Speedway contratará 1.200 empleados en el Noreste
- Con la exposición fotográfica "Bienvenido Vecino" cierra semana de la inmigración
|Ch.||Cable / Satélite||Comunidades que sirven|
|69.4||WFMZ-DTV Off Air|
|19||Blue Ridge||Slatington, Walnutport|
|51||Service Electric||Lehigh Valley|
|19||Comcast||Bucks & Montgomery|