POTTSTOWN, Pa. - The driver of a pickup truck has been arrested in the hit-and-run death of a man on Route 100 in Montgomery County earlier this month.
Adam Timbario, 28, of Gilbertsville, was charged Friday in the crash that killed Donald Purnell as he walked to work at Wendy's in Pottstown on March 3.
An investigation by the Montgomery County detectives and Pottstown police determined that Purnell was crossing Route 100 near Shoemaker Road when he was struck by Timbario's Ford F150, authorities said.
Timbario left the scene without stopping, officials said; Purnell, 24, died at the scene.
Within an hour of the crash, Timbario contacted a potential buyer for his truck and reached an agreement to sell it the next day, according to authorities.
Police said they were then contacted by the potential buyer after the buyer was informed by a body shop mechanic of crash damage to the truck.
Timbario was arraigned Friday on charges of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or injury, a second-degree felony, and tampering/fabricating physical evidence, a second-degree misdemeanor. He was freed on $75,000 unsecured bail. He's due back in court for a preliminary hearing on March 31.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Updated 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner