BETHLEHEM TWP., Pa. - The Bethlehem Township Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a resolution granting conditional approval for the construction of a two-story, 8,000 square-foot office building by Dr. Charles Wolfe, who is a dentist in the township, during Monday night's meeting.
The facility will be constructed on about 1.43 acres of property and will feature a 33-space parking facility on the southeast corner of Farmersville Road and Freemansburg Avenue, according to township Manager Howard Kutzler.
The first floor of the facility would house Wolfe's dental practice and the second floor would be professional office space.
Wolfe, who was in attendance Monday night, was asked by Commissioner Martin Zawarski as to when he expected to begin construction.
"I would say within two to three months," Wolfe replied.
In other business, the board also approved a resolution establishing the formation of the Bethlehem Township Fire Relations Committee. This approval stems from a study on township's volunteer fire companies by David Wolgom, associate director for public service for The Robert B. and Helen S. Meyner Center at Lafayette College that was released in September 2012. The study reviewed and analyzed both of the township's fire departments – the Bethlehem Township Fire Company and the Nancy Run Fire Company. During a recommendation at a commissioners' meeting October 16th, Wolgom made several recommendations, which included the establishment of the Fire Relations Committee that include members from all entities of the township structure.
Two of the members of the committee will be township commissioners, however a decision on who those members would be was tabled to the next meeting as three commissioners – Thomas Nolan, Phil Barnard and Zawarski – agreed to be appointed Monday night.
A small Northampton County borough is considering a big change in police policy.Read More »
- Berks Reading traffic flow put to the test with Eric Church concert
- Lehigh Valley Northampton Borough appoints new councilman from first ward
- Lehigh Valley Lower Macungie Commissioner Galiardo resigns
- Lehigh Valley Northampton Co. is waiting on a better picture before moving on Louise Moore Homestead
- Lehigh Valley Bethlehem OKs ethics training bill
- Lehigh Valley Lower Saucon concerned over proposed UGI tank
- Updated Cosby 'holding up' as jury pick gets underway
- Updated Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- Coroner identifies Lehigh County man killed in Allentown police-involved shooting
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer
- Easton's Common Space Kitchen gives food entrepreneurs a launching point
- LIVE original lineup to perform at Musikfest this summer
- Rock icons Godsmack to headline Musikfest Aug. 9
- Lehigh County man charged with attempted homicide
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt