BETHLEHEM TWP., Pa. - The Bethlehem Township Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a resolution granting conditional approval for the construction of a two-story, 8,000 square-foot office building by Dr. Charles Wolfe, who is a dentist in the township, during Monday night's meeting.
The facility will be constructed on about 1.43 acres of property and will feature a 33-space parking facility on the southeast corner of Farmersville Road and Freemansburg Avenue, according to township Manager Howard Kutzler.
The first floor of the facility would house Wolfe's dental practice and the second floor would be professional office space.
Wolfe, who was in attendance Monday night, was asked by Commissioner Martin Zawarski as to when he expected to begin construction.
"I would say within two to three months," Wolfe replied.
In other business, the board also approved a resolution establishing the formation of the Bethlehem Township Fire Relations Committee. This approval stems from a study on township's volunteer fire companies by David Wolgom, associate director for public service for The Robert B. and Helen S. Meyner Center at Lafayette College that was released in September 2012. The study reviewed and analyzed both of the township's fire departments – the Bethlehem Township Fire Company and the Nancy Run Fire Company. During a recommendation at a commissioners' meeting October 16th, Wolgom made several recommendations, which included the establishment of the Fire Relations Committee that include members from all entities of the township structure.
Two of the members of the committee will be township commissioners, however a decision on who those members would be was tabled to the next meeting as three commissioners – Thomas Nolan, Phil Barnard and Zawarski – agreed to be appointed Monday night.
- Lehigh Valley LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Southeastern PA Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Berks 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Western New Jersey Freeholders call for more Route 31 Shuttle riders
- Lehigh Valley Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Lehigh Valley Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Updated BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- NJ Gov. Christie compares opioid drug crisis to AIDS epidemic
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Updated Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory
- King Nahh comes to Northampton Area Middle School
- Does financial regulation hurt small banks?
- Health Beat: Achilles rupture: Are you at risk?
- Updated Trump's first 100 days: Alvernia professor weighs in
- Police allegedly link cigarette butt to break-in suspect