BETHLEHEM TWP., Pa. - The Bethlehem Township Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a resolution granting conditional approval for the construction of a two-story, 8,000 square-foot office building by Dr. Charles Wolfe, who is a dentist in the township, during Monday night's meeting.
The facility will be constructed on about 1.43 acres of property and will feature a 33-space parking facility on the southeast corner of Farmersville Road and Freemansburg Avenue, according to township Manager Howard Kutzler.
The first floor of the facility would house Wolfe's dental practice and the second floor would be professional office space.
Wolfe, who was in attendance Monday night, was asked by Commissioner Martin Zawarski as to when he expected to begin construction.
"I would say within two to three months," Wolfe replied.
In other business, the board also approved a resolution establishing the formation of the Bethlehem Township Fire Relations Committee. This approval stems from a study on township's volunteer fire companies by David Wolgom, associate director for public service for The Robert B. and Helen S. Meyner Center at Lafayette College that was released in September 2012. The study reviewed and analyzed both of the township's fire departments – the Bethlehem Township Fire Company and the Nancy Run Fire Company. During a recommendation at a commissioners' meeting October 16th, Wolgom made several recommendations, which included the establishment of the Fire Relations Committee that include members from all entities of the township structure.
Two of the members of the committee will be township commissioners, however a decision on who those members would be was tabled to the next meeting as three commissioners – Thomas Nolan, Phil Barnard and Zawarski – agreed to be appointed Monday night.
Any way you look at it, tax increases or not, the Exeter Township School District budget for fiscal year 2017-2018 is coming up short.Read More »
- Western New Jersey Phillipsburg budget proposal includes tax increase
- Lehigh Valley Parkland School Board ratifies 5-year contract with support workers
- Lehigh Valley Easton officials say city has no liability in fire at new police station
- Berks Cumru to reallocate watershed coalition costs
- Lehigh Valley Bethlehem medical marijuana hearing date set
- Lehigh Valley Wilson School Board presents Vietnam Vet with 1958 H.S. diploma
- Police ID man sought after high-speed chase, crash in Berks
- Pawlowski: 'I do not believe I did anything wrong'
- Divers call off underwater search at Blue Marsh Lake
- Guilty plea in Allentown FBI probe
- Updated Behind the scenes of the Lehigh Valley Auto Show
- Trains almost ready to roll between Muhlenberg, Jim Thorpe
- Updated Dallas Green, manager of Phillies' first World Series title team, dies
- Waters in Berks being readied for trout season
- Witness says he thought Sandusky was reported
- Legal immigrant arrested on the job in Wyomissing