EASTON, Pa. - The Easton Area School District will have a change in leadership for the 2013-2014 school year.
On Tuesday night the board of directors voted 5-2 not to renew superintendent Susan McGinley's five-year contract beginning July 1, 2013 and ending June 30, 2018.
Voting in favor of McGinley's return were board members Tim Reilly and Robert Fehnel. Voting "no" were board members Janet Matthews, Kerri Leonard-Ellison, William Rider, Robert Moskaitis and Frank Pintabone. Board members Baron Vanderburg abstained and Pat Vulcano Jr. was absent.
There were no comments during the vote, which was over as quickly as it began.
After the meeting McGinley told reporters it had been a pleasure and honor to serve the district as superintendent.
In other business, the board appointed member Vanderburg as a CIT Operating Committee representative to fill the unexpired term of Pintabone, effective immediately and running through December 2014.
- Curtain goes up tonight on 15th annual Freddy Awards
- Updated Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Updated Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated Health Beat: 3D mammograms or not?
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Two more suspects in Salisbury Twp. raid appear in court
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Arts Around Town: SATORI's 'Shadows of the Samurai' involves specialized art in translation
- Smucker joins bipartisan effort to combat human trafficking