ALLENTOWN, Pa. - It's no secret that downtown Allentown is undergoing a renaissance. You, too, can be a part of it and all you have to do is book a room.
What can people expect at the new Renaissance Allentown hotel?
"The best hotel experience in the Lehigh Valley, maybe even the best hotel experience in eastern Pennsylvania," GM Scott Bullock said.
Bullock isn't kidding. The new hotel's facade is Allentown's old Dime Building.
Its body is attached to the brand new PPL Center and its interior is an updated if not chic homage to the city's blue collar past.
The hotel's restaurant and bar sits above the PPL Center's main entrance and has a direct entrance into the arena. A wall of windows looks over 7th and Hamilton streets, as does the boutique hotel's 300 person ball room.
The 170 guest rooms start at $179 per night and offer a high tech experience, with Ipads linked to room service in every room.
But the room with the view is the Penthouse suite.
Its wraparound balcony alone is worth the $450 it will cost you to bunk there.
"We have a lot of group bookings on the books, a lot of catering already booked. We're taking reservations starting February 1st and so on," Bullock said.
The hotel's opening is set for January and with rooms filling up fast, you may want to make your reservation at the Renaissance right away.
- Updated Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Updated Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel