WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A 13-year-old girl from the Poconos got her wish Friday.
Shannon Dos Santos has sickle cell anemia.
Through the Make-a-Wish Foundation, she was granted a shopping spree at the Lehigh Valley Mall in Whitehall Township, Lehigh County.
The Pocono Mountain West student made her red-carpet entrance before hitting the stores.
"It was like, really cool, and I felt really good about myself,"she said.
Shannon went home with a lot of great items, including and a Play Station 4.
A jury in Pike County heard more emotional testimony Tuesday from the family of Eric Frein.Read More »
- Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Judge refuses competency hearing for police ambush killer
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Bethlehem makes Forbes' top 25 best places to retire
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal