Health Beat & Life Lessons
Two out of every 1,000 children in the U.S. are born hard of hearing or totally deaf. For some, cochlear implants help bridge the communication gap between themselves and the hearing world. Now, researchers are using a high-tech system to understand more about language skills and these young learners.Read More »
Approximately 8.5 million people in the United States have peripheral artery disease, including up to 20 percent of people over age 60, but the general population awareness of peripheral artery disease is only at 25 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Millions of Americans could have this potentially life-threatening disease and not even realize it. Recognizing the possible symptoms is the start of increased awareness.Read More »
Coming up this Monday evening at 6:30pm, we'll continue to explore this topic on the Wisdom Coalition television show.Read More »
Traveling can be a stressful time, even if you’re headed to a vacation destination. Forgetting to pack something important like your toothbrush or passport, losing your luggage, the list goes on. But besides downloading your boarding pass to your phone, here are some more insider tips.Read More »
The Surgeon General says one in seven Americans will experience a problem with alcohol or drugs in their lifetimes, and some 20 million people have substance abuse disorders.Read More »
- Heller opposes GOP Senate health bill
- Alzheimer's patient wanders, dies from heat
- Community supports injured dog
- What is included in the GOP health care bill?
- Doctor, dog team up on 'Take Your Dog to Work Day'
- Health Beat: Cochlear implants: How child learns language
- NJ attorney general joins multistate probe of drug makers
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop gets called out by NASA
- Heller won't back Senate GOP health care bill
- Updated Early morning rain, then turning mostly sunny, less humid today
- Updated 2 displaced after fire in Exeter Twp.
- Police: Man shot, left for dead on road in Schuylkill County
- Baseballtown highlights National Hall of Famers who played at ballpark
- Crash snarls rush hour traffic on I-78 in Allentown
- 'Faces of Reading' creators seek help to showcase exhibit
- Protesters want gas drillers to pay extraction tax in Pa.
- Workers help NJ woman find prized necklace in trash
- Is Camp David's future as presidential retreat in jeopardy?
- Veterans memorial gets fresh look ahead of Independence Day