The state Attorney General and the FTC are challenging the proposed merger of two Reading area health-care providers.
The AG's office says Reading Health System's pending acquisition of the Surgical Institute of Reading would be bad for customers because it would reduce competition.
Friday night a spokesman for Reading Health System says officials will respond after they've review all of the documents.
Reading Health System announced the planned acquisition of the Surgical Institute back in May.
The institute is near Papermill Road and Century Boulevard in Spring Township.
- Lehigh Valley Bishop Barres bids fond farewell to Allentown diocese
- Lehigh Valley Allentown police search for machete-wielding thieves
- Weather Forecast Discussion Cloudy with areas of drizzle overnight, rain arriving by dawn
- News California man arrested with illegal weapons at Monroe County hotel
- Berks Fleetwood man dies in Richmond Township crash
- News - California man arrested with illegal weapons at Monroe County hotel
- Berks - Fleetwood man dies in Richmond Township crash
- Southeastern PA - Police: Allentown man killed by woman driving drunk
- Lehigh Valley - Allentown school district meeting discusses new buildings
- Lehigh Valley - Local protests held as part of Women's March