The state Attorney General and the FTC are challenging the proposed merger of two Reading area health-care providers.
The AG's office says Reading Health System's pending acquisition of the Surgical Institute of Reading would be bad for customers because it would reduce competition.
Friday night a spokesman for Reading Health System says officials will respond after they've review all of the documents.
Reading Health System announced the planned acquisition of the Surgical Institute back in May.
The institute is near Papermill Road and Century Boulevard in Spring Township.
- Berks Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Updated Lehigh Valley Walking a mile in their shoes
- Updated Lehigh Valley Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- Updated Lehigh Valley A place of healing for veterans
- Updated Southeastern PA Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- Updated Lehigh Valley - A place of healing for veterans
- Updated Southeastern PA - Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- Updated Lehigh Valley - 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Updated Berks - Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley