The state Attorney General and the FTC are challenging the proposed merger of two Reading area health-care providers.
The AG's office says Reading Health System's pending acquisition of the Surgical Institute of Reading would be bad for customers because it would reduce competition.
Friday night a spokesman for Reading Health System says officials will respond after they've review all of the documents.
Reading Health System announced the planned acquisition of the Surgical Institute back in May.
The institute is near Papermill Road and Century Boulevard in Spring Township.
- Poconos Coal Father dies in I-80 crash that killed 2 children, box truck driver
- Lehigh Valley Police investigate killing of elk at Lehigh Valley Game Preserve
- Lehigh Valley 'Shop with an Airport Cop' event spreads joy in Allentown
- Updated Lehigh Valley Portable heater sparks apartment fire in Bangor
- Southeastern PA Mummers seek inclusive tone after racially sensitive display
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Portable heater sparks apartment fire in Bangor
- Southeastern PA - Mummers seek inclusive tone after racially sensitive display
- Poconos Coal - Two people injured in Sunday morning crash in West Penn Township
- Lehigh Valley - Fire guts one side of a twin home in Allentown
- Poconos Coal - Driver freed by rescuers in Schuylkill County crash