The state Attorney General and the FTC are challenging the proposed merger of two Reading area health-care providers.
The AG's office says Reading Health System's pending acquisition of the Surgical Institute of Reading would be bad for customers because it would reduce competition.
Friday night a spokesman for Reading Health System says officials will respond after they've review all of the documents.
Reading Health System announced the planned acquisition of the Surgical Institute back in May.
The institute is near Papermill Road and Century Boulevard in Spring Township.
- Berks - Muhlenberg Township to improve major intersections
- Weather - Warmer air returns today through the end of the week with a few showers
- Poconos Coal - Man dies after crashing into tree in Lower Milford
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem amends business privilege tax regulations
- Lehigh Valley - Easton looks for a new look in its iconic bugler soldier logo