LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa., - /PRNewswire/ -- Air Products (NYSE:APD) Thursday announced that Indura, its South American joint venture, has opened a new 84-ton-per-day industrial gas plant producing liquid oxygen, nitrogen and argon in Puerto Varas, Chile. The new facility, which will include a cylinder filling system, will serve local industry including the burgeoning aquaculture market.
The new plant's location in Puerto Varas, which is more than 1,000 miles south of Santiago, makes it the world's southernmost industrial gas plant serving the merchant market. Besides aquaculture, the facility will also supply the metalworking, health and food industries.
"We are proud of the opening of this new facility as we continue to build our business in this exciting growth region," said Mike Olivares, vice president and general manager of Merchant Gases, Latin America for Air Products.
Indura has annual sales of $478 million/CLP 244 billion. Its integrated gas and retail business includes liquid bulk, small on-sites and packaged gases. In July, Air Products purchased a majority stake in Indura. Air Products already has existing interests in Latin America, through its wholly-owned businesses in Brazil, Argentina and its joint venture, Grupo Infra, headquartered in Mexico.
About Air Products
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had sales of approximately $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
- Weather Another brisk, cold day on Saturday
- Updated Lehigh Valley Man dies on job at construction site in Allen Township
- Pennsylvania Judge mulls request for recount of Pennsylvania votes
- Western New Jersey Fire engulfs home, kills 1 person in Phillipsburg
- Berks Implosion in Birdsboro: Smokestacks come down
- Western New Jersey - Fire engulfs home, kills 1 person in Phillipsburg
- Berks - Implosion in Birdsboro: Smokestacks come down
- Berks - Students raise money with push-up challenge
- Lehigh Valley - Toyota drivers deliver supplies to food bank
- Lehigh Valley - Choruses help Santa, others spread cheer in hospital