Grocery store operator Albertsons is buying the portion of Rite Aid that's not being sold to Walgreens.
The deal would create a supermarket and healthcare giant.
The two companies together will have about 4,900 locations and could generate about $83 billion in annual sales.
Albertsons operates grocery stores in several states under names like Safeway and Acme.
Last year, Walgreens announced an agreement to buy nearly 2,000 Rite Aid stores after an offer to buy the entire company fell apart.
- Lehigh Valley Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- Lehigh Valley Bethlehem pulls together to hold St. Patrick's Day parade
- Lehigh Valley Allentown's St. Patrick's Day parade to be held Sunday
- 69News at Sunrise Law enforcement on lookout for impaired drivers this weekend
- Berks State police respond to incident in Berks County
- 69News at Sunrise - Law enforcement on lookout for impaired drivers this weekend
- Berks - State police respond to incident in Berks County
- Lehigh Valley - Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced
- 69News at Sunrise - Copperhead Grille chefs share tasty recipes with 69 News
- 69News at Sunrise - Bagpipe players give musical performance at 69 News studio