The Lehigh Valley is losing a long time employer to upstate New York.
Medline Industries Inc. has announced plans to close its distribution center at 7267 Schantz Road in Upper Macungie Township, Lehigh County.
Medline officials said the company is opening a new distribution center in Rochester, New York, this summer with plans to closed the Allentown facility by the end of October.
Allentown workers have the opportunity to transfer to the Rochester distribution center, as well as other facilities located in Middleton, New York, and Havre de Grace, Maryland. Those who do not will be offered severance packages, including extended benefits, officials said.
According to the company's website, Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States.
The company is headquartered in Mundelein, Ill.
- Lehigh Valley Parents, board speak out about violence in ASD
- Lehigh Valley Fire destroys mobile home in Lower Mt. Bethel
- Berks Bill Clinton to return to Berks in support of wife's campaign
- Pennsylvania Jury awards ex-Penn St. assistant coach over $7M
- Updated Arts Around Town Arts Around Town: High sea adventure at Muhlenberg with 'Pirates of Penzance'
- Updated Berks - Crash closes Rt. 662 in Ruscombmanor Twp.; 3 injured
- Lehigh Valley - Parents, board speak out about violence in ASD
- Lehigh Valley - Fire destroys mobile home in Lower Mt. Bethel
- Berks - Bill Clinton to return to Berks in support of wife's campaign
- Pennsylvania - Jury awards ex-Penn St. assistant coach over $7M