The Lehigh Valley is losing a long time employer to upstate New York.
Medline Industries Inc. has announced plans to close its distribution center at 7267 Schantz Road in Upper Macungie Township, Lehigh County.
Medline officials said the company is opening a new distribution center in Rochester, New York, this summer with plans to closed the Allentown facility by the end of October.
Allentown workers have the opportunity to transfer to the Rochester distribution center, as well as other facilities located in Middleton, New York, and Havre de Grace, Maryland. Those who do not will be offered severance packages, including extended benefits, officials said.
According to the company's website, Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States.
The company is headquartered in Mundelein, Ill.
- Lehigh Valley Large fire at Highway Marine in Quakertown area
- Lehigh Valley Missing elderly man killed in crash in Lower Mount Bethel Twp.
- Lehigh Valley Lehigh Valley Zoo flourishes in spring-like weather
- Station Boscov: An American Story
- Lehigh Valley GoFundMe started for Easton family who lost home in fire
- Station - Boscov: An American Story
- Lehigh Valley - GoFundMe started for Easton family who lost home in fire
- Lehigh Valley - Allentown police investigate 7-Eleven armed robbery
- New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers want to pressure Trump on tax return
- Lehigh Valley - Suspected serial thief wanted in Bethlehem Twp.