The Lehigh Valley is losing a long time employer to upstate New York.
Medline Industries Inc. has announced plans to close its distribution center at 7267 Schantz Road in Upper Macungie Township, Lehigh County.
Medline officials said the company is opening a new distribution center in Rochester, New York, this summer with plans to closed the Allentown facility by the end of October.
Allentown workers have the opportunity to transfer to the Rochester distribution center, as well as other facilities located in Middleton, New York, and Havre de Grace, Maryland. Those who do not will be offered severance packages, including extended benefits, officials said.
According to the company's website, Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States.
The company is headquartered in Mundelein, Ill.
- Updated Berks Nonprofit breaks ground on 58-unit community in Robeson
- Updated Lehigh Valley Fire in Allentown leaves 2 families displaced
- Berks Woman visiting husband's grave dies after cemetery crash
- Updated Berks Community summit on opioid abuse set for Friday
- Updated Poconos Coal 3 accused of stealing $1,700 in merchandise from Mahoning Walmart
- Updated Berks - Community summit on opioid abuse set for Friday
- Updated Poconos Coal - 3 accused of stealing $1,700 in merchandise from Mahoning Walmart
- Weather - A bit cooler this afternoon, but still mild for late-February, a few showers tonight
- Lehigh Valley - Hunter Hayes set to perform at SteelStacks July 27
- 69News at Sunrise - Drum off the calories with Pound