The Lehigh Valley is losing a long time employer to upstate New York.
Medline Industries Inc. has announced plans to close its distribution center at 7267 Schantz Road in Upper Macungie Township, Lehigh County.
Medline officials said the company is opening a new distribution center in Rochester, New York, this summer with plans to closed the Allentown facility by the end of October.
Allentown workers have the opportunity to transfer to the Rochester distribution center, as well as other facilities located in Middleton, New York, and Havre de Grace, Maryland. Those who do not will be offered severance packages, including extended benefits, officials said.
According to the company's website, Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States.
The company is headquartered in Mundelein, Ill.
- Lehigh Valley 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Lehigh Valley Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- News Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Updated Berks Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law
- Berks Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Updated Berks - Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law
- Berks - Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Poconos Coal - Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated 69News at Sunrise - Strawberries are ripe for picking in Northampton County
- Life Lessons - Life Lessons: Dining with strangers