BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Months after the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board blasted the owners of Broadway Social and refused to renew its liquor license, the bar says it's reopening.
The Bethlehem bar posted that it will open in mid-October under a new name.
The PLCB said the bar's liquor license is in the process of being transferred to TBS Ventures Inc., but the transfer is still pending.
Broadway Social, located at 217 Broadway, was shut down by the PLCB this summer after numerous violations.
The board cited "approximately 61 incidents of disturbance" on or around the premises including stabbings, disorderly operations, loud music, assaults, and serving minors.
PLCB said the manager "is not a responsible person of good reputation and has become a person of ill repute."
It said at the time the liquor license would be transferred to someone "who has no connection whatsoever to Broadway Social or its employees."
- Lehigh Valley Crews repair water main break on 8th Avenue in Bethlehem
- Weather Clear, frosty start to a mild and sun-filled Friday
- Lehigh Valley Authorities look into filing charges after animals seized from home
- Lehigh Valley Man stabbed in neck in Allentown; 1 taken into custody
- Updated Life Lessons Life Lessons: Supplements: Worth it or worthless?
- Lehigh Valley - Man stabbed in neck in Allentown; 1 taken into custody
- Updated Life Lessons - Life Lessons: Supplements: Worth it or worthless?
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Allentown City Council to hold emergency meeting on warehouse demo
- Berks - 48th annual Greek food festival in Reading
- Berks - Pennsylvania 9th district candidates Wolff, Meuser debate in Leesport