Bethlehem says it's taking steps to become an economic power-house.
Mayor John Callahan announced the formation of a committee Thursday created to apply for Pennsylvania's "City Revitalization and Improvement Zone" initiative.
Only two cities in Pennsylvania will receive the "CRIZ" designation.
If Bethlehem is selected it will create a 130-acre business zone.
Businesses within the zone will receive tax breaks.
The Mayor says this will draw entrepreneurs and investors to Bethlehem.
The city has to apply by November 30th.
- Berks Reading hopes to protect war memorials from skaters, others
- Lehigh Valley 20-year-old man shot in Allentown
- Updated Lehigh Valley Freedom writer Manny Scott teary-eyed at Allen High presentation
- Updated Berks Governor Mifflin Superintendent addresses literacy and community connection
- Updated Lehigh Valley Convicted felon allegedly caught with concealed gun
- Updated Berks - Governor Mifflin Superintendent addresses literacy and community connection
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Convicted felon allegedly caught with concealed gun
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Police allegedly find stacks of cash after traffic stop
- Lehigh Valley - $14 theft lands man in county prison without bail
- Updated Lehigh Valley - NASD preliminary budget Includes tax hike