Bethlehem says it's taking steps to become an economic power-house.
Mayor John Callahan announced the formation of a committee Thursday created to apply for Pennsylvania's "City Revitalization and Improvement Zone" initiative.
Only two cities in Pennsylvania will receive the "CRIZ" designation.
If Bethlehem is selected it will create a 130-acre business zone.
Businesses within the zone will receive tax breaks.
The Mayor says this will draw entrepreneurs and investors to Bethlehem.
The city has to apply by November 30th.
- Updated News Stein changes strategy in Pennsylvania recount
- Lehigh Valley 'Shop with an Airport Cop' event spreads joy in Allentown
- Updated Southeastern PA Mummers seek inclusive tone after racially sensitive display
- Poconos Coal Two people injured in Sunday morning crash in West Penn Township
- Lehigh Valley Fire guts one side of a twin home in Allentown
- Poconos Coal - Two people injured in Sunday morning crash in West Penn Township
- Lehigh Valley - Fire guts one side of a twin home in Allentown
- Poconos Coal - Driver freed by rescuers in Schuylkill County crash
- Lehigh Valley - Crowd gathers to see lighting of Emmaus Christmas tree
- Western New Jersey - NJ Teen who climbed World Trade Center faces new stunt charges