Bethlehem says it's taking steps to become an economic power-house.
Mayor John Callahan announced the formation of a committee Thursday created to apply for Pennsylvania's "City Revitalization and Improvement Zone" initiative.
Only two cities in Pennsylvania will receive the "CRIZ" designation.
If Bethlehem is selected it will create a 130-acre business zone.
Businesses within the zone will receive tax breaks.
The Mayor says this will draw entrepreneurs and investors to Bethlehem.
The city has to apply by November 30th.
- Lehigh Valley - Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- News - Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Poconos Coal - Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Lehigh Valley - Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- Berks - BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading