BIRDSBORO, Pa. - A landmark historic building in Birdsboro is now on the real estate market. The 42-room Brooke Mansion has been listed for just under $2 million.
The late-19th century building was the creation of world famous architect Frank Furness. The mansion was built for industrialist Edward Brooke as a wedding gift for his new bride.
"It's quite an immense and beautiful building. It has a lot of character to it that is important for the person who wants to purchase it," said Realtor Art Sprunger.
Sprunger said the property's zoning allows for various commercial uses, including a bed and breakfast, nursing home, offices and fine restaurant service.
- Poconos Coal Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Berks Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Updated Lehigh Valley Veterans highlight issues faced by those returning from war
- Pennsylvania Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Updated Health Beat Health Beat: 3D mammograms or not?
- Pennsylvania - Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Updated Health Beat - Health Beat: 3D mammograms or not?
- Southeastern PA - Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pennsylvania - Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend