BIRDSBORO, Pa. - A landmark historic building in Birdsboro is now on the real estate market. The 42-room Brooke Mansion has been listed for just under $2 million.
The late-19th century building was the creation of world famous architect Frank Furness. The mansion was built for industrialist Edward Brooke as a wedding gift for his new bride.
"It's quite an immense and beautiful building. It has a lot of character to it that is important for the person who wants to purchase it," said Realtor Art Sprunger.
Sprunger said the property's zoning allows for various commercial uses, including a bed and breakfast, nursing home, offices and fine restaurant service.
- Updated News Women gather to push back against new president
- Western New Jersey Phillipsburg's Morris Canal Greenway is now open
- News El Chapo's new home: a jail that held mobsters, terrorists
- Berks People in Reading show support, rejection of Trump
- Lehigh Valley Roller skating returns to Bushkill Park
- Berks - People in Reading show support, rejection of Trump
- Lehigh Valley - Roller skating returns to Bushkill Park
- Lehigh Valley - 7 Allentown cultural groups expected to move into Alliance Hall
- Lehigh Valley - Central Catholic, St. Luke's open new facility
- Lehigh Valley - Lancaster man sentenced to 12 years for fatal hit-and-run