WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - A family-owned furniture store in Wilkes-Barre is closing its doors after more than 100 years in business.
Kaplan's Furniture third-generation owner David Mayers, whose wife is the granddaughter of founder Abe Kaplan, said the time has come to close the store.
Profit margins, Mayers said, keep shrinking, and his two sons don't want to take over the business.
Mayers said he expects the store will close in March.
- Lehigh Valley - Man accused of Lehigh Valley killing spree pleads guilty
- Berks - RNC chief rallies Republicans in Berks
- News - Jury awards ex-Penn St. assistant coach over $7M
- New Lehigh Valley - Parents, board speak out about violence in ASD
- Updated Southeastern PA - Eagleville Hospital hopes program will curb addiction