WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - A family-owned furniture store in Wilkes-Barre is closing its doors after more than 100 years in business.
Kaplan's Furniture third-generation owner David Mayers, whose wife is the granddaughter of founder Abe Kaplan, said the time has come to close the store.
Profit margins, Mayers said, keep shrinking, and his two sons don't want to take over the business.
Mayers said he expects the store will close in March.
- Updated Southeastern PA Limerick shooting suspect charged with criminal attempt of murder
- Berks Berks County pitches in for hurricane relief
- Lehigh Valley Bangor bridge opens after year-long replacement project
- Berks Driver dies after crash on I-78; passenger still critical
- Berks Reading Police looking for bank robber
- Berks - Driver dies after crash on I-78; passenger still critical
- Berks - Reading Police looking for bank robber
- Lehigh Valley - Volunteers make memories for bereaved families
- Lehigh Valley - History's Headlines: The future of flight
- Western New Jersey - Lopatcong Elementary School free of lead for new school year