WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - A family-owned furniture store in Wilkes-Barre is closing its doors after more than 100 years in business.
Kaplan's Furniture third-generation owner David Mayers, whose wife is the granddaughter of founder Abe Kaplan, said the time has come to close the store.
Profit margins, Mayers said, keep shrinking, and his two sons don't want to take over the business.
Mayers said he expects the store will close in March.
- Weather Forecast Discussion Windy and much cooler today, but seasonable for late February
- Lehigh Valley 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- News N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Lehigh Valley Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Updated Berks Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Lehigh Valley - Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Updated Berks - Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- News - Strong storms move through the region
- Berks - Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Pennsylvania - Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed