WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - A family-owned furniture store in Wilkes-Barre is closing its doors after more than 100 years in business.
Kaplan's Furniture third-generation owner David Mayers, whose wife is the granddaughter of founder Abe Kaplan, said the time has come to close the store.
Profit margins, Mayers said, keep shrinking, and his two sons don't want to take over the business.
Mayers said he expects the store will close in March.
- Lehigh Valley DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Lehigh Valley Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- Southeastern PA 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- Lehigh Valley Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Lehigh Valley Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Lehigh Valley - Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Lehigh Valley - Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Berks - Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Poconos Coal - Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- Berks - PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'