NEW YORK - Almost 100,000 mobile phone chargers made by DGL are being recalled after complaints of melted parts, smoking, leaking batteries and fire.
The chargers, known as Vibe USB Mobile Power Bar, were sold for $5 at discount retailer Five Below between January and March.
The rectangular bars, which were sold in black, white, blue, green, pink and purple, are used to charge phones and other small electronics. The words Power Bank are written on one side of the charger.
There have been six reports of incidents, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said, which have led to bursting power bars and minor property damage.
The CPSC said people who own the device should stop using it and return it to the DGL Group by calling 888-456-4251 or going to its website.
People who return the chargers will receive a full refund plus a $5 coupon that can be spent at Five Below stores.
Five Below, which is based in Philadelphia and runs 304 stores across the country, stopped selling the product as soon as it was made aware of a potential hazard.
- Berks Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- Southeastern PA NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Delaware Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated New Jersey Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- Updated Berks 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Updated New Jersey - Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- Updated Berks - 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Updated Lehigh Valley - 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Updated Lehigh Valley - U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Updated Western New Jersey - Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges