NEW YORK - Almost 100,000 mobile phone chargers made by DGL are being recalled after complaints of melted parts, smoking, leaking batteries and fire.
The chargers, known as Vibe USB Mobile Power Bar, were sold for $5 at discount retailer Five Below between January and March.
The rectangular bars, which were sold in black, white, blue, green, pink and purple, are used to charge phones and other small electronics. The words Power Bank are written on one side of the charger.
There have been six reports of incidents, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said, which have led to bursting power bars and minor property damage.
The CPSC said people who own the device should stop using it and return it to the DGL Group by calling 888-456-4251 or going to its website.
People who return the chargers will receive a full refund plus a $5 coupon that can be spent at Five Below stores.
Five Below, which is based in Philadelphia and runs 304 stores across the country, stopped selling the product as soon as it was made aware of a potential hazard.
- Lehigh Valley Police respond to bank robbery at BB&T in Emmaus
- Updated Berks Car hits hydrant, lands upside-down on sidewalk
- Poconos Coal Car with flat tire hit by tractor trailer; 2 women killed
- Updated Lehigh Valley Police: Man drives away from traffic stop with officer at open door
- Lehigh Valley Police allege man breaks into home, grills some steaks
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Police: Man drives away from traffic stop with officer at open door
- Lehigh Valley - Police allege man breaks into home, grills some steaks
- Pennsylvania - Gov. Wolf gets outdated, unneeded orders off state's books
- Lehigh Valley - Talen Energy and Riverstone merger complete
- New Jersey - New Jersey state trooper dies of injuries after crash