NEW YORK - Almost 100,000 mobile phone chargers made by DGL are being recalled after complaints of melted parts, smoking, leaking batteries and fire.
The chargers, known as Vibe USB Mobile Power Bar, were sold for $5 at discount retailer Five Below between January and March.
The rectangular bars, which were sold in black, white, blue, green, pink and purple, are used to charge phones and other small electronics. The words Power Bank are written on one side of the charger.
There have been six reports of incidents, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said, which have led to bursting power bars and minor property damage.
The CPSC said people who own the device should stop using it and return it to the DGL Group by calling 888-456-4251 or going to its website.
People who return the chargers will receive a full refund plus a $5 coupon that can be spent at Five Below stores.
Five Below, which is based in Philadelphia and runs 304 stores across the country, stopped selling the product as soon as it was made aware of a potential hazard.
- Updated Berks Sinkhole threatens to swallow car in Reading
- Western New Jersey 1 killed, 1 in critical after White Twp., shooting
- Updated Lehigh Valley Knoble trial to begin Wednesday, accused of Easton hotel murder
- Updated Cloudy this afternoon with drizzle and a spotty shower, but mild
- Updated Lehigh Valley Coroner called to crash in North Whitehall
- Updated - Cloudy this afternoon with drizzle and a spotty shower, but mild
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Coroner called to crash in North Whitehall
- Western New Jersey - Cardboard covers Rt. 78 after tractor trailers collide
- Western New Jersey - PHOTOS: Cardboard covers Rt. 78 after tractor trailers collide
- Lehigh Valley - Allentown City Council President Ray O'Connell to announce bid for mayor