The Philadelphia-based crab house and sports bar will bring its famous Crabfries and other popular menu items to Berks County for the first time this fall, the Sovereign Center announced Thursday.
"We're elated to be the first facility in this region to offer the classic Philly tastes of Chickie's & Pete's," said Zane Collings, SMG's regional general manager. "Of course, Chickie's & Pete's has been serving sports fans for years — including Eagles and Phillies fans at historic Veteran's Stadium — and we're thrilled to be able to offer that legendary Philly sports experience here in Berks County."
Chickie's & Pete's will set up shop in a remodeled grill stand on the Cherry Street side of the arena, offering Philly cheesesteaks, chicken cutlets and the famous Crabfries.
"We are very excited to announce our relationship with the Sovereign Center," said Pete Ciarrocchi the owner of Chickie's & Pete's. "The Sovereign Center has many great events and we look forward to being a part of them for years to come. "With our success in other stadiums and arenas, we look forward to enhancing the guest experience by bringing our world famous crabfries and authentic Philly cheesesteaks to the Reading market," said Pete Ciarrocchi, the owner of Chickie's & Pete's.
The Sovereign Center hopes to have Chickie's & Pete's up and running as early as mid-September.
Chickie's & Pete's first opened as a small family run taproom on Robbins Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia.
In the late 1970s, Ciarrocchi began to play with a unique blend of seasonings to invent and perfect the famous crabfries recipe.
The restaurant has since expanded to 13 full-service locations throughout the Philadelphia area and New Jersey and numerous stands and kiosks throughout the region in stadiums, arenas, boardwalks and amusement parks, including Dorney Park near Allentown.
- Poconos Coal Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- New Lehigh Valley Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Sports Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Western New Jersey Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- 69News at Sunrise Summer recipes on the grill
- Western New Jersey - Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- 69News at Sunrise - Summer recipes on the grill
- News - Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- 69News at Sunrise - World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- Lehigh Valley - 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22