READING, Pa. - The music at a Reading high school will be that much sweeter after the jazz band won a national contest.
The students entered the company's annual "Music is Life" contest by submitting a video saying why it deserved the award.
The public made the final vote and selected the Citadel, located at 215 N. 12th St. in Reading, as one of the winners.
The school's music teacher said it's a huge boost for the program, which he says has significantly grown in size each of the last three years.
"As our numbers keep on growing, its a way out for the kids rather than to be on the streets. This is a way for them to get involved with the school,"said music director Charlie DiCarne.
Officials said they hope the award will show the importance of continuing to support music in schools.
The money will go to the Red Knights Music Association.
- Lehigh Valley Local election inspector alleges voter fraud
- Western New Jersey Meeting tonight about lead in NJ school district's water
- New Western New Jersey New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Berks Berks congressman pays visit to Mifflin students
- Berks Virtual reality system brings science, math alive at Hamburg High
- Berks - Berks congressman pays visit to Mifflin students
- Berks - Virtual reality system brings science, math alive at Hamburg High
- Berks - Cumru students 'chill out' during experiment
- Lehigh Valley - No new trial in 2006 case of mistaken identity killing
- Lehigh Valley - Harley-Davidson dealer coming to Whitehall