The Lehigh Valley is losing a longtime employer to upstate New York.
Medline Industries Inc. has announced plans to close its distribution center at 7267 Schantz Rd. in Upper Macungie Township, Lehigh County.
Medline officials said the company is opening a new distribution center in Rochester, New York, this summer, with plans to closed the Lehigh County facility by the end of October.
Lehigh County workers have the opportunity to transfer to the Rochester distribution center, as well as other facilities located in Middleton, New York, and Havre de Grace, Maryland. Those who do not will be offered severance packages, including extended benefits, officials said.
According to the company's website, Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States.
The company is headquartered in Mundelein, Illinois.
- Berks Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- News Strong storms move through the region
- Berks Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Lehigh Valley Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lehigh Valley - Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Pennsylvania - Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Pennsylvania - Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- New Jersey - Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees