The Lehigh Valley is losing a longtime employer to upstate New York.
Medline Industries Inc. has announced plans to close its distribution center at 7267 Schantz Rd. in Upper Macungie Township, Lehigh County.
Medline officials said the company is opening a new distribution center in Rochester, New York, this summer, with plans to closed the Lehigh County facility by the end of October.
Lehigh County workers have the opportunity to transfer to the Rochester distribution center, as well as other facilities located in Middleton, New York, and Havre de Grace, Maryland. Those who do not will be offered severance packages, including extended benefits, officials said.
According to the company's website, Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States.
The company is headquartered in Mundelein, Illinois.
- Berks Former caregiver charged with homicide in man's death
- Western New Jersey 2 found dead in Blairstown incident
- Southeastern PA Montgomery County extends hours to receive absentee ballots
- Lehigh Valley Local chocolatier named tops in North America
- Lehigh Valley Macungie woman reunited with class ring decades later
- Lehigh Valley - VP hopeful Tim Kaine campaigns in Bucks, Lehigh counties
- Berks - Former caregiver charged with homicide in man's death
- Western New Jersey - 2 found dead in Blairstown incident
- Southeastern PA - Montgomery County extends hours to receive absentee ballots
- Lehigh Valley - Local chocolatier named tops in North America