The Lehigh Valley is losing a longtime employer to upstate New York.
Medline Industries Inc. has announced plans to close its distribution center at 7267 Schantz Rd. in Upper Macungie Township, Lehigh County.
Medline officials said the company is opening a new distribution center in Rochester, New York, this summer, with plans to closed the Lehigh County facility by the end of October.
Lehigh County workers have the opportunity to transfer to the Rochester distribution center, as well as other facilities located in Middleton, New York, and Havre de Grace, Maryland. Those who do not will be offered severance packages, including extended benefits, officials said.
According to the company's website, Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States.
The company is headquartered in Mundelein, Illinois.
- Lehigh Valley DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Lehigh Valley Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- Southeastern PA 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- Lehigh Valley Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Lehigh Valley Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Lehigh Valley - Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Lehigh Valley - Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Berks - Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Poconos Coal - Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- Berks - PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'