LOWER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - Make way Sam's and BJ's. Costco is making its way into the Lehigh Valley for the first time.
The warehouse club chain announced plans Friday for a store in the Hamilton Crossings Shopping Center in Lower Macungie Twp., Lehigh Co.
Target has also signed on as a tenant in the shopping center.
Both stores could open in mid- to late-2014.
The shopping center sits on the site of an old iron mine. Development has been delayed while mine waste buried below ground is removed, said Sara Pandl, director of the township's planning and community development.
- Lehigh Valley - Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- News - Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Poconos Coal - Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Lehigh Valley - Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- Berks - BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading