LOWER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - Make way Sam's and BJ's. Costco is making its way into the Lehigh Valley for the first time.
The warehouse club chain announced plans Friday for a store in the Hamilton Crossings Shopping Center in Lower Macungie Twp., Lehigh Co.
Target has also signed on as a tenant in the shopping center.
Both stores could open in mid- to late-2014.
The shopping center sits on the site of an old iron mine. Development has been delayed while mine waste buried below ground is removed, said Sara Pandl, director of the township's planning and community development.
- Pennsylvania US judge to hear arguments in Pennsylvania election recount
- Berks Car hits hydrant, lands upside-down on sidewalk
- Lehigh Valley Family event benefits Third Street Alliance
- Lehigh Valley Lafayette College receives grant for elevator project
- Lehigh Valley Lehigh County man charged for making bomb threats
- Lehigh Valley - Lafayette College receives grant for elevator project
- Lehigh Valley - Lehigh County man charged for making bomb threats
- Lehigh Valley - Police search for baby Jesus statue bandit
- Lehigh Valley - Dump truck tips over in Northampton County
- Lehigh Valley - As weather turns, Allentown warming station in need