HARRISBURG, Pa. - Getting your hands on an E-ZPass has just gotten a bit easier.
Dozens of Walmart stores in central, southeastern and northeastern Pennsylvania are now selling E-ZPass "GoPaks" at their customer service counters, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission announced Wednesday.
"With the addition of Walmart stores, there are now more than 300 Pennsylvania retail locations where customers can pick up an E?ZPass transponder," said William J. Capone, chief of communications and public relations for the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
The E-ZPass GoPak allows turnpike travelers to obtain an E-ZPass transponder that can be used right away on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and toll roads, bridges and tunnels in 15 other states, officials said.
E?ZPass users now pay 25 percent less in Pennsylvania Turnpike tolls, on average, than those who pay cash, officials said.
The $41 purchase price for an E-ZPass at Walmart includes a $35 toll balance, a $3 annual fee and a one-time convenience charge of $3.
Walmart customers who buy a GoPak must register their E-ZPass within 72 hours at paturnpike.com/ezpass or by calling, toll-free, 877-736-6727.
- Lehigh Valley Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Lehigh Valley Local man takes business idea to the beach
- New Jersey Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Lehigh Valley Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Southeastern PA Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- Lehigh Valley - Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Southeastern PA - Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- Lehigh Valley - PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- National - In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Poconos Coal - Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic