Several conservation groups in Pennsylvania and New Jersey say they believe a transmission line that's been approved is out of line.
Monday the coalition filed a federal lawsuit challenging the National Park Service's approval of a transmission line that would cut through three national parks including the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation area.
The groups say it will scar the landscape and degrade the visitor experience at the parks.
The Susquehanna-Roseland line would run from Berwick, Pennsylvania to Roseland, New Jersey.
- Weather Rain, sleet and snow arrive later this afternoon
- Berks Amity Twp. Police investigating rape behind baseball field
- Lehigh Valley Woman killed in multi-vehicle crash on Route 222
- New Jersey Round 2 of New Jersey's bear hunt off to slow start
- New Jersey New Jersey state trooper dies of injuries after crash
- New Jersey - Round 2 of New Jersey's bear hunt off to slow start
- New Jersey - New Jersey state trooper dies of injuries after crash
- Life Lessons - Life Lessons: Biggest Facebook scams
- Lehigh Valley - Taxes remain steady in N. Whitehall Twp.; Manager issues snowstorm warnings
- Lehigh Valley - Whitehall grapples with outstanding garbage fees