There are only two weekends left until Christmas. For people who were planning to get their shopping done this weekend, Mother Nature might have other plans. Snow is in the forecast for Saturday.
69 News spoke with shoppers at South Mall in Allentown who were able to get out to the stores Friday before the winter weather hits.
"I think it does mess up the shopping a little bit so that's why I headed out today to do a little shopping so I can be home tomorrow and worry about wrapping," said Michelle Reichenbach. "We're all going to be stuck at home, I would imagine, tomorrow."
"I was hoping to get it all done this weekend but it doesn't look like that's going to happen unless I go out tonight and get it done," said Marie Dreisbach. "I think I'll be okay if I can get out tonight and avoid weekend and then I'll just do all the wrapping."
"The snow makes people nervous obviously in terms of getting out there, getting food and things like that," said Eman Jarrah, who said she did a lot of her shopping online.
"It's so easy to just get online. I have a list made, I go online, check things off my list and I'm pretty good to go," said Jarrah.
Shoppers aren't the only ones wondering about the weekend weather. At the Yellow Barn, a store in Upper Saucon Township, owner Debi Biery said, "Just hoping we stay busy with the weather."
The store will be open Saturday and she hopes customers show up.
"Here we're very seasonal so basically we do as much business at this time of the year than we do all year, in two months, three months, than we do all year. It's tough if the customers don't come out and weather keeps us back," she said.
Biery hopes shoppers at least come out Sunday.
- Berks Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- News Strong storms move through the region
- Berks Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Lehigh Valley Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lehigh Valley - Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Pennsylvania - Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Pennsylvania - Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- New Jersey - Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees