SCHNECKSVILLE, Pa. - It's been a year since KidsPeace filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 guidelines, and according to officials, the group is ready to start a new chapter.
Based in Schecksville, Lehigh County, the facility provides mental and behavioral health care services to children and teenagers.
In May of 2013, the organization filed to be able to restructure bonds and eliminate 'burdensome pension obligations,' officials said.
During the restructuring process, service to children and teens continued without interruption, and the company continued to add staff to support its growing programs.
According to a release from KidsPeace, the organization has a 132-year history of serving the community by providing residential treatment programs, educational services, unique psychiatric hospital and foster care.
- News Stein changes strategy in Pennsylvania recount
- Lehigh Valley 'Shop with an Airport Cop' event spreads joy in Allentown
- Updated Berks Police on the scene of an incident in Reading
- Updated Lehigh Valley Fire breaks out at apartment unit in Bangor
- Southeastern PA Mummers seek inclusive tone after racially sensitive display
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Fire breaks out at apartment unit in Bangor
- Southeastern PA - Mummers seek inclusive tone after racially sensitive display
- Poconos Coal - Two people injured in Sunday morning crash in West Penn Township
- Lehigh Valley - Fire guts one side of a twin home in Allentown
- Poconos Coal - Driver freed by rescuers in Schuylkill County crash