SCHNECKSVILLE, Pa. - It's been a year since KidsPeace filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 guidelines, and according to officials, the group is ready to start a new chapter.
Based in Schecksville, Lehigh County, the facility provides mental and behavioral health care services to children and teenagers.
In May of 2013, the organization filed to be able to restructure bonds and eliminate 'burdensome pension obligations,' officials said.
During the restructuring process, service to children and teens continued without interruption, and the company continued to add staff to support its growing programs.
According to a release from KidsPeace, the organization has a 132-year history of serving the community by providing residential treatment programs, educational services, unique psychiatric hospital and foster care.
- Lehigh Valley Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request
- Berks Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Updated Weather A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- Berks Reading Planning Commission moves forward on subdivision of Fromm Electric
- Lehigh Valley A career (and a giraffe) is born
- Berks - Reading Planning Commission moves forward on subdivision of Fromm Electric
- Lehigh Valley - A career (and a giraffe) is born
- Lehigh Valley - North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- Southeastern PA - Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem makes Forbes' top 25 best places to retire