SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A Lehigh County landmark, a historic building, operating as a well-known restaurant for the past four decades has closed.
A sign has been posted on the front of the King George Inn at Cedar Crest Boulevard and Hamilton Street in South Whitehall Township.
It says "The King George Inn is now closed. Thank you for your patronage for the past 42 years."
The building was built in the 1700 and it's been known as the King George Inn since 1970.
No word on why it's closing.
- Lehigh Valley Police: Home intruder assaults woman 'as she showered'
- New Lehigh Valley 7 Allentown cultural groups expected to move into Alliance Hall
- Lehigh Valley Central Catholic, St. Luke's open new facility
- Lehigh Valley Lancaster man sentenced to 12 years for fatal hit-and-run
- Western New Jersey Second Warren County shooting victim dies