NORTHFIELD, Ill. - Kraft is voluntarily recalling 7,691 cases of its American Singles cheese product because an ingredient was stored improperly by a supplier.
The food maker said that, while unlikely, the product may spoil prematurely or cause a food borne illness.
Kraft Foods Group Inc., which is based in Northfield, Illinois, said the suppler didn't keep the ingredient stored in accordance with its temperature standards.
The recalled products come in four varieties with "Best When Used By" dates of Feb. 20, 2015, and Feb. 21, 2015.
Kraft said customers can return the products to the store they bought them from for a refund or an exchange. Customers can also call Kraft at 800-396-5512.
- Pennsylvania Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Lehigh Valley Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Berks Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- Lehigh Valley DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Lehigh Valley Easton 20-year plan envisioned