Three out of every four households in the US have a grill, and summer is the perfect time to put it to use!
We have tips for throwing a summertime barbecue on a budget.
Throwing a party doesn't have to drain your wallet. One way to save is to buy meat with the bone still in.
Chicken breasts with bones are about half the price of their boneless counterparts.
To cut costs even more, opt for dark meat like thighs and legs, which are great for grilling because the high fat content keeps meat moist.
For people with charcoal grills, stock up on charcoal. During summertime, many stores have sales on charcoal with buy one get one or 20% off deals.
Finally, make your party BYOB.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates Americans spend $50 billion on alcohol each year, so it's no surprise it's one of the biggest expenses at parties.
Instead of providing a full bar, make a signature drink and ask guests to bring their favorites.
When deciding what sides to serve, go with corn and potatoes. Both vegetables are inexpensive and can be bought in large quantities.
They are also the most popular barbecue side dishes, making them real crowd-pleasers.
- Berks Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- News Strong storms move through the region
- Berks Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Lehigh Valley Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lehigh Valley - Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Pennsylvania - Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Pennsylvania - Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- New Jersey - Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees