Many of us these days have experience with telecommuting and many in the business community feel working from home is the way of the future.
Studies show 47 percent of people are now working from home or telecommuting in some manner.
If the idea sounds good to you, here are some ideas to get you started.
Experts say there is a job to match that you can do right from your own home.
At vipdesk.com you can become a virtual concierge or customer service representative helping people plan travel, find home improvement contractors, or deal with retail returns.
It pays $10 to $12 an hour. We checked-- there are job openings in all 50 states.
Freelance work can be found at elance.com. There are thousands of jobs posted and you can submit a proposal for work.
We found everything from writing to marketing to web design, consulting, legal jobs, and engineering jobs.
And if you're an educator, you can turn your computer into your classroom by becoming a virtual educator.
When looking for work online, the Better Business Bureau warns to beware of scams
. If a work-at-home company asks for money up front, it's a scam.
Another red flag: the company claims that you can make a lot of money with little effort and no experience.
- Berks Sinkhole threatens to swallow car in Reading
- Western New Jersey 1 killed, 1 in critical after shooting in Warren County
- Lehigh Valley Opening statements underway in Easton hotel murder trial
- Updated Berks Reading Royals to auction off special Penn State jerseys
- Lehigh Valley Allentown police make prostitution bust at Super 8 motel
- Updated Berks - Reading Royals to auction off special Penn State jerseys
- Lehigh Valley - Allentown police make prostitution bust at Super 8 motel
- Berks - State money to help fight blight in Reading
- Health Beat - Health Beat: NeoCart: Pothole surgery fixes knees
- News - Bush now in ICU; wife also hospitalized