Many of us these days have experience with telecommuting and many in the business community feel working from home is the way of the future.
Studies show 47 percent of people are now working from home or telecommuting in some manner.
If the idea sounds good to you, here are some ideas to get you started.
Experts say there is a job to match that you can do right from your own home.
At vipdesk.com you can become a virtual concierge or customer service representative helping people plan travel, find home improvement contractors, or deal with retail returns.
It pays $10 to $12 an hour. We checked-- there are job openings in all 50 states.
Freelance work can be found at elance.com. There are thousands of jobs posted and you can submit a proposal for work.
We found everything from writing to marketing to web design, consulting, legal jobs, and engineering jobs.
And if you're an educator, you can turn your computer into your classroom by becoming a virtual educator.
When looking for work online, the Better Business Bureau warns to beware of scams
. If a work-at-home company asks for money up front, it's a scam.
Another red flag: the company claims that you can make a lot of money with little effort and no experience.
- Lehigh Valley Allentown City Council defies Pawlowski, passes revised 2017 budget
- Lehigh Valley Lee Brice and Justin Moore to headline Musikfest
- Updated Lehigh Valley Man convicted in Easton homicide sentenced to 48 years to life
- Updated Weather Breezy with a mix of clouds and sun this afternoon
- Updated Lehigh Valley Police: Armed man robs bank in Allentown
- Updated Weather - Breezy with a mix of clouds and sun this afternoon
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Police: Armed man robs bank in Allentown
- Lehigh Valley - Crash reported along Route 512; 1 taken to hospital
- Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania highest court grapples with life terms for kids
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem Fire Chief Novatnack retiring