Across the country, women in full-time jobs make 78 percent of what men make in similar positions.
That's more than $10,000 less a year. However, there are some cities attempting to close that pay disparity.
Coming in at number one is San Jose, Calif.
Women earn an average income of $56,000, which is more than double the average in the worst paying city: Laredo, Texas.
Washington, D.C, is number two with an average woman's salary of $55,500.
That's 80 percent of what the average man makes.
Number three goes to San Francisco, where women earn an average of $54,600 a year.
One of the reasons women earn more in San Jose may be because between 2010 and 2012, the city experienced a seven percent uptick in jobs. That is the fastest growth experienced by any U.S. city.
- Berks Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- News Strong storms move through the region
- Berks Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Lehigh Valley Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lehigh Valley - Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Pennsylvania - Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Pennsylvania - Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- New Jersey - Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees