Although women are breaking the glass ceiling when it comes to running companies and our country, the average woman's salary won't equal the average salary of a man until the year 2058.
That's according to the Institute for Women's Policy Research.
Since the institute started collecting this data, the gap has actually gotten wider, as women's salary growth has stalled.
Women still earn about 77 cents to every dollar men make, and this number has stayed about the same since 2007.
The institute believes slow growth for the bottom economic earners, which affect women more than men, and the lack of sufficient family medical leave have pushed women out of the workforce over the last few years.
- Lehigh Valley Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Southeastern PA Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- Lehigh Valley PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- National In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Poconos Coal Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- National - In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Poconos Coal - Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- New Jersey - Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Lehigh Valley - Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Lehigh Valley - Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival