Bethlehem may be many miles from the ocean but the city could become a port -- of sorts.
The Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation says talks are underway to make Bethlehem an inland port.
The city's intermodal facility would become an extension of the port in Newark, New Jersey.
Officials say Norfolk Southern railroad is talking with other companies about this.
Still it's not a done deal and it's unclear what the economic impact would be.
- Weather Forecast Discussion Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Updated Lehigh Valley Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Pennsylvania Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Updated Lehigh Valley Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- New Jersey Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- New Jersey - Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- New Jersey - Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Southeastern PA - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lehigh Valley - Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants