Bethlehem may be many miles from the ocean but the city could become a port -- of sorts.
The Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation says talks are underway to make Bethlehem an inland port.
The city's intermodal facility would become an extension of the port in Newark, New Jersey.
Officials say Norfolk Southern railroad is talking with other companies about this.
Still it's not a done deal and it's unclear what the economic impact would be.
- Pennsylvania Lawmakers send Real ID bill to Wolf, who plans to sign it
- Updated Berks Suspicious package clears school, closes Route 724 in Cumru
- Updated Lehigh Valley Sarcoma cancer survivor raises money for research with annual event
- Updated Berks Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress
- Updated Southeastern PA Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Updated Berks - Route 724 reopens upon completion of rain-delayed rock project
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Police looking for Walmart TV thief in Lower Nazareth
- Updated One Tank Trip - One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Lehigh Valley - Bluebells not blooming at Lock Ridge Park
- Updated Berks - Suspicious package clears school, closes Route 724 in Cumru