Bethlehem may be many miles from the ocean but the city could become a port -- of sorts.
The Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation says talks are underway to make Bethlehem an inland port.
The city's intermodal facility would become an extension of the port in Newark, New Jersey.
Officials say Norfolk Southern railroad is talking with other companies about this.
Still it's not a done deal and it's unclear what the economic impact would be.
- Updated Weather Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Berks Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- News Boscov: An American Story
- News Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Weather Forecast Discussion Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- News - Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Weather Forecast Discussion - Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Western New Jersey - Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pennsylvania - Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities