One Lehigh Valley business leader is giving his two cents about a possible convention center project.
The president and CEO of the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation, Don Cunningham, said with the size and growing prominence of our area this project not only makes sense but is also well needed.
"I can say from the regional business perspective -- a convention center, if you will, for business meetings is needed in the Lehigh Valley. It's been needed for quite sometime. For a region of our size and with the growing amenities we have and the visibility we have, we really don't have a place to accommodate large scale conferences in the Lehigh Valley," he said.
Cunningham also said that he hopes the County's study will include the possibility of expanding the area's hotel and restaurant businesses so that the Valley can attract more large scale conferences.
- Updated 69News at Sunrise Boutique at the Rink 2017 kicks off next Tuesday
- Western New Jersey Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Life Lessons Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Finding your authentic self
- Poconos Coal Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Lehigh Valley Man suspected of robbing Forks Verizon store set for preliminary hearing
- Lehigh Valley - Man suspected of robbing Forks Verizon store set for preliminary hearing
- Weather - Some rain this morning followed by clouds and some sunny breaks this afternoon
- Berks - Bethel-Tulpehocken Library anticipates major renovations
- Berks - Exeter Township Police enforce zero-tolerance policy
- Lehigh Valley - Pa. DEP holds IESI Landfill meeting