PHILADELPHIA - Fries have long been a favorite on the McDonald's menu. Now, the restaurant chain is shaking things up.
The company has selected its restaurants throughout our region as a test market for its new "Shakin' Flavor Fries."
For a limited time, McDonald's is giving its customers the option of enhancing their fries' flavor with one of three seasonings: garlic Parmesan, spicy buffalo or zesty ranch.
"Our customers love our classic French fries, so we are excited to offer them the option to fully customize this classic with the seasoning of their choice," said John Durante, president, McDonald's Restaurants of the Greater Philadelphia Region Owner/Operator Association.
Customers will receive the seasoning of their choice and an additional bag with their order or Shakin' Flavor Fries. They can then pour into the bag as much or as little seasoning as they want and shake up the flavor for what McDonald's describes as a fun and interactive taste experience.
"This has been such a huge hit in the Asian markets, and we have no doubt our customers throughout the greater Philadelphia region will love the variety of flavors," Durante said.
As part of the introduction, McDonald's is offering its customers the chance to win prizes through a variety of contests hosted on Twitter by tweeting using #ShakinPhilly.
- Berks 3 injured in Rt. 662 head-on collision
- Lehigh Valley Man accused of trying to rundown assistant police chief accepts plea deal
- Lehigh Valley Suspect in 2014 Wilson Borough shooting accepts guilty plea
- Berks Police investigating shooting in Reading
- Lehigh Valley Allentown police charge 2 more in connection with fight near Dieruff High School
- News - FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton probe
- Berks - 3 injured in Rt. 662 head-on collision
- Lehigh Valley - Man accused of trying to rundown assistant police chief accepts plea deal
- Lehigh Valley - Suspect in 2014 Wilson Borough shooting accepts guilty plea
- Berks - Police investigating shooting in Reading