PHILADELPHIA - Fries have long been a favorite on the McDonald's menu. Now, the restaurant chain is shaking things up.
The company has selected its restaurants throughout our region as a test market for its new "Shakin' Flavor Fries."
For a limited time, McDonald's is giving its customers the option of enhancing their fries' flavor with one of three seasonings: garlic Parmesan, spicy buffalo or zesty ranch.
"Our customers love our classic French fries, so we are excited to offer them the option to fully customize this classic with the seasoning of their choice," said John Durante, president, McDonald's Restaurants of the Greater Philadelphia Region Owner/Operator Association.
Customers will receive the seasoning of their choice and an additional bag with their order or Shakin' Flavor Fries. They can then pour into the bag as much or as little seasoning as they want and shake up the flavor for what McDonald's describes as a fun and interactive taste experience.
"This has been such a huge hit in the Asian markets, and we have no doubt our customers throughout the greater Philadelphia region will love the variety of flavors," Durante said.
As part of the introduction, McDonald's is offering its customers the chance to win prizes through a variety of contests hosted on Twitter by tweeting using #ShakinPhilly.
- Berks Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Lehigh Valley Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Berks Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Updated Lehigh Valley Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Updated Berks Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Updated Berks - Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race
- Southeastern PA - Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Lehigh Valley - Anti-Semitic threats across Pennsylvania provoke response
- Lehigh Valley - Man arrested for robbing Easton convenience store