PHILADELPHIA - Fries have long been a favorite on the McDonald's menu. Now, the restaurant chain is shaking things up.
The company has selected its restaurants throughout our region as a test market for its new "Shakin' Flavor Fries."
For a limited time, McDonald's is giving its customers the option of enhancing their fries' flavor with one of three seasonings: garlic Parmesan, spicy buffalo or zesty ranch.
"Our customers love our classic French fries, so we are excited to offer them the option to fully customize this classic with the seasoning of their choice," said John Durante, president, McDonald's Restaurants of the Greater Philadelphia Region Owner/Operator Association.
Customers will receive the seasoning of their choice and an additional bag with their order or Shakin' Flavor Fries. They can then pour into the bag as much or as little seasoning as they want and shake up the flavor for what McDonald's describes as a fun and interactive taste experience.
"This has been such a huge hit in the Asian markets, and we have no doubt our customers throughout the greater Philadelphia region will love the variety of flavors," Durante said.
As part of the introduction, McDonald's is offering its customers the chance to win prizes through a variety of contests hosted on Twitter by tweeting using #ShakinPhilly.
- Lehigh Valley The Russo family is growing!
- Updated Berks Reading postpones opening of city-owned swimming pool
- Western New Jersey Investigators suspect deadly maneuver in jet crash
- Lehigh Valley Traffic restrictions coming for Strata II work
- Lehigh Valley Allentown kicks of summer movie series with 'Rogue One'
- Lehigh Valley - Traffic restrictions coming for Strata II work
- Lehigh Valley - Allentown kicks of summer movie series with 'Rogue One'
- Berks - Quaker Maid plant mural to portray images unique to Reading
- Berks - Reading police investigating shooting
- Life Lessons - Life Lessons: Tips to help kids sleep