Moody's had made its call on the bonds for Allentown's hockey arena project.
Moody's has given a rating of Baa2 to those bonds.
Moody's says that's a medium grade bond with some speculative elements and a moderate credit risk.
It's also just two steps above a speculative grade bond.
Lafayette College economics professor Ed Gamber says the middling credit rating means it'll cost more to finance the project.
"It's all on the side of the creditors, the people who are loaning them the money, want more interest because it's a higher risk of default," said Lafayette College Professor Ed Gamber.
Still Gamber says he doesn't know how much more expensive the project could be.
The bonds Moody's just rated will be sold to fund the construction of the arena.
The details of that sale are still being sorted out.
- Western New Jersey Phillipsburg's Morris Canal Greenway is now open
- Updated News El Chapo's new home: a jail that held mobsters, terrorists
- Berks People in Reading show support, rejection of Trump
- Lehigh Valley Roller skating returns to Bushkill Park
- Lehigh Valley 7 Allentown cultural groups expected to move into Alliance Hall
- Lehigh Valley - Roller skating returns to Bushkill Park
- Lehigh Valley - 7 Allentown cultural groups expected to move into Alliance Hall
- Lehigh Valley - Central Catholic, St. Luke's open new facility
- Lehigh Valley - Lancaster man sentenced to 12 years for fatal hit-and-run
- Western New Jersey - Second Warren County shooting victim dies