NEW YORK (CNNMoney) - George Clooney is taking on Watergate.
The actor is developing an eight-part Netflix series on the scandal that took down President Richard Nixon, his representative told CNNMoney Friday. The news was reported earlier by Variety and Deadline.
Clooney and his production company, Smokehouse Pictures, are working with "Bridge of Spies" writer Matt Charman on the project.
Netflix did not comment.
The Nixon years are also getting the Hollywood treatment from Steven Spielberg.
"The Post," a Spielberg movie starring Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks, hits theaters later this month. The film looks at how Washington Post publisher Katharine Graham and editor Ben Bradlee handled the publication of the Pentagon Papers.
- Berks Tentative deal reached; Wilson School District strike averted
- Lehigh Valley Motorcycle split in half after crash in Northampton County
- Lehigh Valley Residents complain about water in Lehigh County community
- Lehigh Valley East Penn hiking taxes to state limit
- Berks Reading City Council updated on robberies
- Lehigh Valley - East Penn hiking taxes to state limit
- Berks - Reading City Council updated on robberies
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Allentown zoners say no to zoning variance for apartments
- Lehigh Valley - Upper Saucon manager lauded for his contributions
- Berks - Spring Township residents line up to trash new waste cans