FLEMINGTON, N.J. - A New Jersey man is coming home from vacation a little richer.
The Rhode Island Lottery said Tuesday that Thomas Mistele of Flemington, New Jersey, bought a $20 ``$1,000,000 Scratch'' ticket at Block Island Pharmacy and won the same amount back. So he decided to buy another ticket.
Lottery officials say he went numb and started shaking with disbelief when he realized he had won $1 million.
He immediately told a friend with whom he's staying on the island, then called his mother and brother, who said he's the lucky one in the family.
Mistele says he's not sure how he will use the winnings. He plans to have some fun, buy a new car and save for retirement.
- Berks Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- News Strong storms move through the region
- Berks Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Lehigh Valley Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lehigh Valley - Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Pennsylvania - Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Pennsylvania - Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- New Jersey - Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees