Federal regulators are getting more specific about upgrades for dozens of nuclear power plants including one in our region.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has ordered 31 power plants to upgrade ventilation systems for their reactors.
The Limerick Generating Station in Montgomery County is one of those plants.
The upgrades are meant to prevent hydrogen explosions like those that damaged the Fukushima Daiichi power plant in Japan two years ago.
The 31 plants, including Limerick, have reactors similar to Fukushima's.
Limerick is expected to complete the upgrades over the next six years.
- Berks Train hits truck at Route 724 crossing in Cumru
- Southeastern PA Hundreds attend memorial for Grace Packer
- Lehigh Valley Local band gears up for Inauguration Day performance
- Lehigh Valley Whitehall pays $375K to settle discrimination claim
- Lehigh Valley Two homes struck after shots fired in Allentown
- Lehigh Valley - Whitehall pays $375K to settle discrimination claim
- Lehigh Valley - Two homes struck after shots fired in Allentown
- Lehigh Valley - Feeling down? Blame Blue Monday
- Lehigh Valley - Lafayette employees excited for downtown move
- Berks - Students, seniors partner for heartwarming project