Federal regulators are getting more specific about upgrades for dozens of nuclear power plants including one in our region.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has ordered 31 power plants to upgrade ventilation systems for their reactors.
The Limerick Generating Station in Montgomery County is one of those plants.
The upgrades are meant to prevent hydrogen explosions like those that damaged the Fukushima Daiichi power plant in Japan two years ago.
The 31 plants, including Limerick, have reactors similar to Fukushima's.
Limerick is expected to complete the upgrades over the next six years.
- Lehigh Valley 5 homes destroyed in Allentown fire, several families displaced
- Lehigh Valley Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka homicide case returns to court
- Updated Berks Reading teen held on 2,000+ charges in football game shooting
- Pennsylvania Trump, state GOP seek to block Pennsylvania recount bid
- Updated Pennsylvania Barletta talks to Trump about labor secretary job
- Pennsylvania - Trump, state GOP seek to block Pennsylvania recount bid
- Updated Pennsylvania - Barletta talks to Trump about labor secretary job
- Updated New Jersey - Feds target sleep apnea, speeding after deadly train crash
- Weather - Windy with some sun today & into the weekend
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem man faces 30 years for sexually assaulting girl