Federal regulators are getting more specific about upgrades for dozens of nuclear power plants including one in our region.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has ordered 31 power plants to upgrade ventilation systems for their reactors.
The Limerick Generating Station in Montgomery County is one of those plants.
The upgrades are meant to prevent hydrogen explosions like those that damaged the Fukushima Daiichi power plant in Japan two years ago.
The 31 plants, including Limerick, have reactors similar to Fukushima's.
Limerick is expected to complete the upgrades over the next six years.
- Lehigh Valley Fire officials: Cat knocks over lit candle, causes fire in Slatington
- Updated Southeastern PA Local roller derby team changing the rules
- Updated Berks Spring preview a boom for some businesses in Berks
- Health Beat Health Beat: BioUni: Bone transplant saves knee
- Lehigh Valley Police allegedly find pot in 'smell proof' bag
- Health Beat - Health Beat: BioUni: Bone transplant saves knee
- Lehigh Valley - Police allegedly find pot in 'smell proof' bag
- Lehigh Valley - Police allege mom tackles officer trying to corral out-of-control son
- Lehigh Valley - Allentown honors kids caught "doing something right"
- Berks - Recycling in Reading about to get easier