UPPER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - Ocean Spray is finally digging into a major project in Lehigh County.
Officials broke ground Tuesday on Ocean Spray's new manufacturing plant in Upper Macungie Township.
The $110 million project is expected to bring 165 jobs to the region.
The new bottling and processing facility will be located on Boulder Drive near Routes 100, 222, and I-78.
Ocean Spray says the plant will bottle its own juices as well as Nestle's Juicy Juice products. More than 32 million cases will roll off the production line each year.
The 315,000-square-foot plant is expected to be completed by the fall of 2013.
- Southeastern PA Plane crashes on golf fairway, splits in half
- Lehigh Valley Man killed in Heidelberg motorcycle crash
- Updated Lehigh Valley Fire officials: Cat knocks over lit candle, causes fire in Slatington
- Updated Berks Recycling in Reading about to get easier
- Updated Poconos Coal 2 killed in Paradise Twp. motorcycle crash
- Berks - Recycling in Reading about to get easier
- Poconos Coal - 2 killed in Paradise Twp. motorcycle crash
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem mayor announces improved bond rating
- Weather - A bit cooler for Presidents' Day afternoon, but still mild for late February
- Berks - Suspicious briefcase prompts bomb squad response in Sinking Spring