UPPER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - Ocean Spray is finally digging into a major project in Lehigh County.
Officials broke ground Tuesday on Ocean Spray's new manufacturing plant in Upper Macungie Township.
The $110 million project is expected to bring 165 jobs to the region.
The new bottling and processing facility will be located on Boulder Drive near Routes 100, 222, and I-78.
Ocean Spray says the plant will bottle its own juices as well as Nestle's Juicy Juice products. More than 32 million cases will roll off the production line each year.
The 315,000-square-foot plant is expected to be completed by the fall of 2013.
- Updated Weather Remaining rather cloudy today
- Lehigh Valley Wintry mix leaves slick roads across Lehigh Valley
- Lehigh Valley Family event benefits Third Street Alliance
- Lehigh Valley Lafayette College receives grant for elevator project
- Lehigh Valley Lehigh County man charged for making bomb threats
- Lehigh Valley - Lafayette College receives grant for elevator project
- Lehigh Valley - Lehigh County man charged for making bomb threats
- Lehigh Valley - Police search for baby Jesus statue bandit
- Lehigh Valley - Dump truck tips over in Northampton County
- Lehigh Valley - As weather turns, Allentown warming station in need