UPPER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - Ocean Spray is finally digging into a major project in Lehigh County.
Officials broke ground Tuesday on Ocean Spray's new manufacturing plant in Upper Macungie Township.
The $110 million project is expected to bring 165 jobs to the region.
The new bottling and processing facility will be located on Boulder Drive near Routes 100, 222, and I-78.
Ocean Spray says the plant will bottle its own juices as well as Nestle's Juicy Juice products. More than 32 million cases will roll off the production line each year.
The 315,000-square-foot plant is expected to be completed by the fall of 2013.
- Poconos Coal Fatal crash closes I-81 northbound near Frackville
- Updated Pennsylvania State senate passes Internet gambling bill
- Updated Lehigh Valley Lower Macungie cancer survivor raises money for research with annual event
- Updated Lehigh Valley Bluebells not blooming at Lock Ridge Park
- Updated Southeastern PA New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Bluebells not blooming at Lock Ridge Park
- Updated Southeastern PA - New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- Lehigh Valley - New charge for man charged in Forks Township cell phone robbery
- One Tank Trip - One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Southeastern PA - 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house