WYOMISSING, Pa. - Wyomissing-based Penn National Gaming is trying land the last casino license in Philadelphia.
The company is proposing to build a $480 million gaming and entertainment complex near the Phillies' Citizens Bank Park.
Penn National runs the Hollywood Casino near Hershey, so by law it could only own one third of the new venture. Officials said the other two-thirds would be run by a nonprofit, meaning more money for the Philadelphia community.
- Lehigh Valley Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Lehigh Valley Local man takes business idea to the beach
- New Jersey Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Lehigh Valley Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Southeastern PA Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- Lehigh Valley - Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Southeastern PA - Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- Lehigh Valley - PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- National - In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Poconos Coal - Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic