WYOMISSING, Pa. - Wyomissing-based Penn National Gaming is trying land the last casino license in Philadelphia.
The company is proposing to build a $480 million gaming and entertainment complex near the Phillies' Citizens Bank Park.
Penn National runs the Hollywood Casino near Hershey, so by law it could only own one third of the new venture. Officials said the other two-thirds would be run by a nonprofit, meaning more money for the Philadelphia community.
- Lehigh Valley Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Lehigh Valley Woman identified in Allentown hit-and-run
- Pennsylvania Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Berks Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- Lehigh Valley DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Berks - Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- Lehigh Valley - DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Lehigh Valley - Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- New Jersey - Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Berks - Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks