PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. - Officials in Phillipsburg, New Jersey have completed a long-awaited land deal.
Phillipsburg Mayor Harry Wyant says the town has closed on its part of the former Ingersoll-Rand tract.
Lopatcong Township owns the other part.
The former owner, Preferred Unlimited, is surrendering the land for $1.
It has also capped and closed a landfill there.
In exchange, Phillipsburg is forgiving $267,000 in back taxes.
P-burg has been trying to develop the property for years.
Wyant says the town will likely look to an outside contractor for that.
- Lehigh Valley Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Lehigh Valley Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Poconos Coal Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Weather Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Life Lessons - Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Weather - Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Berks - Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Lehigh Valley - Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect