ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The state says PPL didn't follow procedure during the October 2011 snowstorm and now it has to pay the price.
The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission has finalized a settlement with PPL that includes a $60,000 penalty.
The PUC says during that storm PPL transferred a restoration crew from a higher priority job in order to restore service to a lower priority job.
That's a violation of PUC regulations.
- Southeastern PA Police: Allentown man killed by woman driving drunk
- Lehigh Valley Allentown school district meeting discusses new buildings
- Lehigh Valley Local protests held as part of Women's March
- Lehigh Valley Roller skating returns to Bushkill Park
- News Women gather to push back against new president
- Lehigh Valley - Roller skating returns to Bushkill Park
- News - Women gather to push back against new president
- Western New Jersey - Phillipsburg's Morris Canal Greenway is now open
- News - El Chapo's new home: a jail that held mobsters, terrorists
- Berks - People in Reading show support, rejection of Trump