ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The state says PPL didn't follow procedure during the October 2011 snowstorm and now it has to pay the price.
The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission has finalized a settlement with PPL that includes a $60,000 penalty.
The PUC says during that storm PPL transferred a restoration crew from a higher priority job in order to restore service to a lower priority job.
That's a violation of PUC regulations.
- Berks BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- New Jersey NJ Gov. Christie compares opioid drug crisis to AIDS epidemic
- Poconos Coal Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- News 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU
- Berks Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory