ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The state says PPL didn't follow procedure during the October 2011 snowstorm and now it has to pay the price.
The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission has finalized a settlement with PPL that includes a $60,000 penalty.
The PUC says during that storm PPL transferred a restoration crew from a higher priority job in order to restore service to a lower priority job.
That's a violation of PUC regulations.
- Berks - 'Holiday Lights at Gring's Mill' opens for 2016 season
- Lehigh Valley - Adopt Lehigh Valley Kids: Shannon
- Poconos Coal - Local farm providing 'Trees for Troops'
- Lehigh Valley - Lafayette College students seek 'sanctuary school' status
- Health Beat - Health Beat: How to dispose of unused medication