A PPL power line that took a lot of legal wrangling to build is going into service.
The Coopersburg-Quakertown transmission line is finally online.
You'll recall Springfield Township in Bucks County took PPL to court over the project before settling.
PPL says the 6.6-mile power line will improve service for some 50,000 customers.
PPL also says the line will let crews reroute power faster during storms and hopefully that will reduce power outages.
A $24 million electrical substation that's part of the project is still under construction in Springfield Township.
- Lehigh Valley 2 hockey college clubs hold charity hockey game for one of their own
- Lehigh Valley More people enter mayoral race in Allentown
- Life Lessons Life Lessons: 1 in 7 women suffer from depression during pregnancy
- Lehigh Valley Allentown police search for machete-wielding thieves
- Lehigh Valley Bishop Barres bids fond farewell to Allentown diocese
- Lehigh Valley - Allentown police search for machete-wielding thieves
- Lehigh Valley - Bishop Barres bids fond farewell to Allentown diocese
- Berks - Fleetwood man dies in Richmond Township crash
- News - California man arrested with illegal weapons at Monroe County hotel
- News - Turnpike Commission closes bridge spanning Delaware River