A new comprehensive report says more than a hundred Fortune 500 companies ... including a couple from our region are avoiding federal corporate taxes.
The study was conducted by Citizens for Tax Justice and the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy using information from a five-year period starting in 2008.
The report says 111 out of the 288 companies studied paid zero at least once in the past five years.
The study says PPL has paid 3 percent in taxes over the five-year period and paid zero in taxes three times.
The study says Air Products paid zero in taxes in one of the years.
Air Products issued a statement saying it meets its legal tax obligations and officials say they don't know where the groups got their information for the study.
A spokesman for PPL said the company doesn't have anything to say about the report but he said PPL is a responsible and ethical company that pays a wide range of state, federal and foreign taxes.
- Berks PPL shifts location of proposed transmission line in Berks
- Lehigh Valley Judge to defendant: 'I will have you removed from the courtroom'
- Lehigh Valley The sweet sounds of Martin Guitar's new models
- Western New Jersey Alleged arsonist now faces attempted murder charges
- Politics VIDEO: Feeling lucky? A look at Inauguration Day prop bets
- Western New Jersey - Alleged arsonist now faces attempted murder charges
- Politics - VIDEO: Feeling lucky? A look at Inauguration Day prop bets
- News - VIDEO: A look at the history of Inauguration Day
- Lehigh Valley - Northampton County Executive releases statement on Sara Packer investigation
- Western New Jersey - Phillipsburg's Union Square building may be razed