A new comprehensive report says more than a hundred Fortune 500 companies ... including a couple from our region are avoiding federal corporate taxes.
The study was conducted by Citizens for Tax Justice and the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy using information from a five-year period starting in 2008.
The report says 111 out of the 288 companies studied paid zero at least once in the past five years.
The study says PPL has paid 3 percent in taxes over the five-year period and paid zero in taxes three times.
The study says Air Products paid zero in taxes in one of the years.
Air Products issued a statement saying it meets its legal tax obligations and officials say they don't know where the groups got their information for the study.
A spokesman for PPL said the company doesn't have anything to say about the report but he said PPL is a responsible and ethical company that pays a wide range of state, federal and foreign taxes.
- Lehigh Valley Coplay-Northampton bridge to close soon for three years
- Berks Spring preview a boom for some businesses in Berks
- Lehigh Valley Lawsuit in Lehigh Valley killing spree moves forward
- Lehigh Valley Easton town crier headed back to international competition
- Lehigh Valley Project SILK holds grand opening of LGBT youth center
- Lehigh Valley - Easton town crier headed back to international competition
- Lehigh Valley - Project SILK holds grand opening of LGBT youth center
- Southeastern PA - Local roller derby team changing the rules
- Health Beat - Health Beat: BioUni: Bone transplant saves knee
- Lehigh Valley - Police allegedly find pot in 'smell proof' bag