A new comprehensive report says more than a hundred Fortune 500 companies ... including a couple from our region are avoiding federal corporate taxes.
The study was conducted by Citizens for Tax Justice and the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy using information from a five-year period starting in 2008.
The report says 111 out of the 288 companies studied paid zero at least once in the past five years.
The study says PPL has paid 3 percent in taxes over the five-year period and paid zero in taxes three times.
The study says Air Products paid zero in taxes in one of the years.
Air Products issued a statement saying it meets its legal tax obligations and officials say they don't know where the groups got their information for the study.
A spokesman for PPL said the company doesn't have anything to say about the report but he said PPL is a responsible and ethical company that pays a wide range of state, federal and foreign taxes.
- Updated Lehigh Valley 'Reprehensible' video prompts probe by Northampton DA
- Updated Lehigh Valley Careless smoking blamed for fire that damaged Allentown homes
- Berks In the market for a market? Zern's is for sale
- Updated Lehigh Valley Athletic association treasurer allegedly pilfers $15K
- Updated Poconos Coal Report: Victim of Oakland fire is Stroudsburg graduate
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Athletic association treasurer allegedly pilfers $15K
- Updated Poconos Coal - Report: Victim of Oakland fire is Stroudsburg graduate
- Weather - Remaining rather cloudy today
- Lehigh Valley - Mayor Pawlowski to present new budget to Allentown City Council
- Lehigh Valley - Homicide charges dropped against Lancaster woman in deadly crash