A new comprehensive report says more than a hundred Fortune 500 companies ... including a couple from our region are avoiding federal corporate taxes.
The study was conducted by Citizens for Tax Justice and the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy using information from a five-year period starting in 2008.
The report says 111 out of the 288 companies studied paid zero at least once in the past five years.
The study says PPL has paid 3 percent in taxes over the five-year period and paid zero in taxes three times.
The study says Air Products paid zero in taxes in one of the years.
Air Products issued a statement saying it meets its legal tax obligations and officials say they don't know where the groups got their information for the study.
A spokesman for PPL said the company doesn't have anything to say about the report but he said PPL is a responsible and ethical company that pays a wide range of state, federal and foreign taxes.
- Poconos Coal Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- New Jersey Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Lehigh Valley Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Berks Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Berks - Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Lehigh Valley - Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Sports - Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- News - Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69