ITHACA, N.Y. - A veteran banker has been tapped to head Berks County-based VIST Bank.
Scott Gruber was named president and chief operating officer of the bank, which is headquartered in Wyomissing, on Tuesday.
Robert Davis, who has served as president and chief executive officer since August 2005, will continue in his role as CEO until his retirement at the end of the year, said officials, adding that Gruber will then become both president and CEO.
Gruber brings more than 30 years of banking experience to VIST Bank. He spent the last 16 years at National Penn Bank, most recently serving as group executive vice president.
"We are extremely committed to serving and growing our markets in southeastern Pennsylvania," said Stephen S. Romaine, president and CEO of Tompkins Financial, VIST Bank's parent company. "Scott is an outstanding addition to our team. He brings an incredible depth of banking experience, knowledge of the marketplace and the clients he serves, plus a deep commitment to the community."
Gruber is active in a number of community organizations, including the United Way of Berks County, Boy Scouts of America and the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce and Industry, officials said.
VIST Bank has 20 branches in southeastern Pennsylvania, a dozen of which are located in Berks County.
- Lehigh Valley - VP hopeful Tim Kaine campaigns in Bucks, Lehigh counties
- Berks - Former caregiver charged with homicide in man's death
- Western New Jersey - 2 found dead in Blairstown incident
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Lehigh County Commissioners OK 2017 budget, amendments
- Updated Lehigh Valley - Easton loses finance director