WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Ready or not the Black Friday blitz is on!
After the turkey and sides settled many people are focused on one thing: finding those one-of-a-kind deals.
It seems the big items on almost everyone's list were electronics.
Before the doors opened at 8 p.m., the line at Sears in Whitehall Township, Lehigh County was long.
Plenty of people were looking for doorbuster deals but no one was able to beat Chris Dorwood, holder of the first spot in line.
He's looking for a lot of deals.
"TV's,50 inch TV, 32 inch TV's and the laptops," said Dorwood.
As the hours went by the line grew longer and longer.
More people looking for televisions, tablets and computers many at close to 50 percent off.
Then -- a small victory for customers as workers handed out the coupons enabling them to get that special item.
"Electronics are definitely going to be the big sellers," said Christopher Knight, assistant store manager of Sears in Whitehall. "Great doorbusters we are having."
When it was time to open the doors and let the rush begin, it only took minutes before items were flying off the shelves.
The eight o'clock wave was just the first wave of customers.
At 4 a.m. Sears will do another door buster and there will be more sales on electronics.
"Sears always looks forward to Black Friday and really generating some sales and business," added Knight. "And really taking care of the customers is what we are geared towards."
Some customers say they won't be back for the deals at 4 in the morning because they will probably be at other stores caught up in the frenzy of black Friday shopping.
- New Jersey Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Lehigh Valley Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Southeastern PA Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- Lehigh Valley PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- National In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Lehigh Valley - PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- National - In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Poconos Coal - Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- New Jersey - Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Lehigh Valley - Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.