WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Ready or not the Black Friday blitz is on!
After the turkey and sides settled many people are focused on one thing: finding those one-of-a-kind deals.
It seems the big items on almost everyone's list were electronics.
Before the doors opened at 8 p.m., the line at Sears in Whitehall Township, Lehigh County was long.
Plenty of people were looking for doorbuster deals but no one was able to beat Chris Dorwood, holder of the first spot in line.
He's looking for a lot of deals.
"TV's,50 inch TV, 32 inch TV's and the laptops," said Dorwood.
As the hours went by the line grew longer and longer.
More people looking for televisions, tablets and computers many at close to 50 percent off.
Then -- a small victory for customers as workers handed out the coupons enabling them to get that special item.
"Electronics are definitely going to be the big sellers," said Christopher Knight, assistant store manager of Sears in Whitehall. "Great doorbusters we are having."
When it was time to open the doors and let the rush begin, it only took minutes before items were flying off the shelves.
The eight o'clock wave was just the first wave of customers.
At 4 a.m. Sears will do another door buster and there will be more sales on electronics.
"Sears always looks forward to Black Friday and really generating some sales and business," added Knight. "And really taking care of the customers is what we are geared towards."
Some customers say they won't be back for the deals at 4 in the morning because they will probably be at other stores caught up in the frenzy of black Friday shopping.
- Lehigh Valley Fire damages home in Northampton County
- Southeastern PA 2 people in stable condition after Norristown shooting
- Berks DA John Adams calls for more police in Reading
- Updated Weather Breezy and partly cloudy tonight
- Western New Jersey NJ Teen who climbed World Trade Center faces new stunt charges
- Updated Weather - Breezy and partly cloudy tonight
- Western New Jersey - NJ Teen who climbed World Trade Center faces new stunt charges
- Berks - Crews battle house fire in Douglass Twp., Berks County
- News - Green Party, election watchdogs get pushback in Pennsylvania
- Western New Jersey - Keys, lightbulbs tied to Thomas Edison go up for auction