WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Ready or not the Black Friday blitz is on!
After the turkey and sides settled many people are focused on one thing: finding those one-of-a-kind deals.
It seems the big items on almost everyone's list were electronics.
Before the doors opened at 8 p.m., the line at Sears in Whitehall Township, Lehigh County was long.
Plenty of people were looking for doorbuster deals but no one was able to beat Chris Dorwood, holder of the first spot in line.
He's looking for a lot of deals.
"TV's,50 inch TV, 32 inch TV's and the laptops," said Dorwood.
As the hours went by the line grew longer and longer.
More people looking for televisions, tablets and computers many at close to 50 percent off.
Then -- a small victory for customers as workers handed out the coupons enabling them to get that special item.
"Electronics are definitely going to be the big sellers," said Christopher Knight, assistant store manager of Sears in Whitehall. "Great doorbusters we are having."
When it was time to open the doors and let the rush begin, it only took minutes before items were flying off the shelves.
The eight o'clock wave was just the first wave of customers.
At 4 a.m. Sears will do another door buster and there will be more sales on electronics.
"Sears always looks forward to Black Friday and really generating some sales and business," added Knight. "And really taking care of the customers is what we are geared towards."
Some customers say they won't be back for the deals at 4 in the morning because they will probably be at other stores caught up in the frenzy of black Friday shopping.
- Weather Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Berks Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated Southeastern PA Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients
- New Southeastern PA Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Life Lessons Life Lessons: Does your body language say you are leadership material?
- New Southeastern PA - Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Life Lessons - Life Lessons: Does your body language say you are leadership material?
- Western New Jersey - Christie set to unveil final budget proposal as governor
- Berks - Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Lehigh Valley - Technical error costs company BASD contract