Pennsylvania's gambling operations are giving taxpayers in our region a big break.
The state says slot machine revenues will lead to $612 million in property and wage tax reductions for $2.5-million homeowners next year.
Allentown School District residents are some of the biggest winners.
Each homeowner will receive an estimated reduction of $500.
The financially-challenged Chester-Upland School District made out the best with reductions of $641 per homeowner.
- Berks PPL shifts location of proposed transmission line in Berks
- Lehigh Valley Judge to defendant: 'I will have you removed from the courtroom'
- Lehigh Valley The sweet sounds of Martin Guitar's new models
- Western New Jersey Alleged arsonist now faces attempted murder charges
- Politics VIDEO: Feeling lucky? A look at Inauguration Day prop bets
- Western New Jersey - Alleged arsonist now faces attempted murder charges
- Politics - VIDEO: Feeling lucky? A look at Inauguration Day prop bets
- News - VIDEO: A look at the history of Inauguration Day
- Lehigh Valley - Northampton County Executive releases statement on Sara Packer investigation
- Western New Jersey - Phillipsburg's Union Square building may be razed