Pennsylvania's gambling operations are giving taxpayers in our region a big break.
The state says slot machine revenues will lead to $612 million in property and wage tax reductions for $2.5-million homeowners next year.
Allentown School District residents are some of the biggest winners.
Each homeowner will receive an estimated reduction of $500.
The financially-challenged Chester-Upland School District made out the best with reductions of $641 per homeowner.
- Berks Death of man near Pagoda investigated as homicide
- Lehigh Valley Kids who kill: Romeri free; Batts wants to be
- News VIDEO: World mourns the loss of John Glenn
- News Attorney General's office announces settlement with drug manufacturer
- Lehigh Valley Lehigh University students give Santa a helping hand
- News - Attorney General's office announces settlement with drug manufacturer
- Lehigh Valley - Lehigh University students give Santa a helping hand
- Lehigh Valley - LVHN, Meals on Wheels team to make holidays bright
- Lehigh Valley - Pennsylvania health secretary speaks to DeSales students
- Western New Jersey - After 15 years, man re-united with lost wedding ring at NJ tree farm