HARRISBURG, Pa. - Pennsylvania's unemployment numbers for June were released Friday.
The number of jobless remained at 5.6 percent, which is the lowest rate since September of 2008.
That's half a percentage point below the national unemployment rate of 6.1 percent, which actually went down two-tenths of a point from May.
The state's rate was down nearly two percent from the same time a year ago.
Total non-farm jobs were up 1,800 in June to the highest level since September 2008.
- Lehigh Valley First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Updated Pennsylvania President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Lehigh Valley Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Updated Lehigh Valley Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- News Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business