HARRISBURG, Pa. - Pennsylvania's unemployment numbers for June were released Friday.
The number of jobless remained at 5.6 percent, which is the lowest rate since September of 2008.
That's half a percentage point below the national unemployment rate of 6.1 percent, which actually went down two-tenths of a point from May.
The state's rate was down nearly two percent from the same time a year ago.
Total non-farm jobs were up 1,800 in June to the highest level since September 2008.
- Lehigh Valley Allentown City Council defies Pawlowski, passes revised 2017 budget
- Lehigh Valley Lee Brice and Justin Moore to headline Musikfest
- Updated Western New Jersey New Jersey's bear hunt nearing end
- Updated Western New Jersey New Jersey man found guilty of sexually assaulting children
- Updated Life Lessons Life Lessons: Tango improves balance
- Updated Western New Jersey - New Jersey man found guilty of sexually assaulting children
- Updated Life Lessons - Life Lessons: Tango improves balance
- Updated Lehigh Valley - ANIZDA board approves penalties for businesses; hires first executive director
- Updated Berks - Tour of the Berks County Christmas lights
- Updated Berks - Prayer vigil held in response to rash of violence