Senator Pat Toomey is giving a hand to investigators who are looking into tax fraud.
The Senator is promoting a new IRS pilot program for Pennsylvania and seven other states.
The IRS says there's a new trend in which some people file fake tax returns with legitimate Social Security numbers but investigators can't use taxpayer data to prosecute these people.
However this new program allows the IRS to share some taxpayer data with investigators.
Senator Toomey was also in Center Valley Monday speaking to the Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce at DeSales University.
- News Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Lehigh Valley Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Poconos Coal Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Berks Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Lehigh Valley Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Berks - Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Lehigh Valley - Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Lehigh Valley - Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Berks - Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks - Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law