Senator Pat Toomey is giving a hand to investigators who are looking into tax fraud.
The Senator is promoting a new IRS pilot program for Pennsylvania and seven other states.
The IRS says there's a new trend in which some people file fake tax returns with legitimate Social Security numbers but investigators can't use taxpayer data to prosecute these people.
However this new program allows the IRS to share some taxpayer data with investigators.
Senator Toomey was also in Center Valley Monday speaking to the Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce at DeSales University.
- Berks Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- News Strong storms move through the region
- Berks Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Lehigh Valley Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lehigh Valley - Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley - Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Pennsylvania - Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Pennsylvania - Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- New Jersey - Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees